In today’s info-packed episode, Push In interviews veteran film industry location scout and manager Chris Vautour. With astounding clarity, Chris concisely sums up the most important things to know when location scouting. If you want tips on scoring that perfect location, this is an episode not to be missed!
Listen up as Chris tells host Joyce Kline:
· Who makes a good locations person?
· What’s the most important thing to look for in a location?
· When’s the ideal time to lock locations?
· How do you prepare for unexpected location nightmares?
· And why she organized an unconventional women's “pilgrimage.”
Chris is a Directors’ Guild of Canada location scout and manager with an impressive 41 IMDb credits. She produced the CBC short documentary The Pilgrimage about a 2 day, women-only, “mindful” motorcycle quest and recently received Canada Council funding to research a new documentary on The Robin’s Nest--a beloved Cambridge, Ontario, lesbian bar that flourished for over 30 years.
Referred to in this episode:
The Robin’s Nest Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379902460099955
Watch The Pilgrimage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmcjXEqybqg
Telus Storyhive: https://www.storyhive.com/creators/81041
Contact Chris: https://www.dgc.ca/en/british-columbia/memberView?m=11294
Subscribe to catch the latest episodes of Push In on Apple Podcasts:
Podcast Production Team:
· Technical Director: Paul Ruta
· Sound Editor: Michael Korican
· Host, Researcher & Copywriter: Joyce Kline
· Co-Producers: Joyce Kline, Michael Korican, Paul Ruta