What’s it like to pitch to a panel of judges in front of a live theatre audience— when you think you’re awful at pitching? That was the challenge for multi-talented filmmaker Daniel Kwon, the writer, director, editor and co-producer of 2022’s Cinespark winning film The Girl in the Forest.
Daniel is a true renaissance man: filmmaker, screenwriter, director, editor, colorist, set decorator, videographer, graphic designer, motion graphic design, storyboard artist and animator. Fresh from his film’s premiere in 2023’s Short Circuit Pacific Rim Film Festival, Daniel had lots to share with host Joyce Kline, including:
· How he managed to successfully pitch The Girl in the Forest in spite of being “terrified.”
· Shooting shorter days on a limited budget.
· His desire to make a film that unites cultures.
Stage 32: https://www.stage32.com/Danielkwon
The Girl in the Forest:
Subscribe to catch the latest episodes of Push In on Apple Podcasts:
Podcast Production Team:
· Technical Director: Paul Ruta
· Sound Editor: Michael Korican
· Host, Researcher & Copywriter: Joyce Kline
· Co-Producers: Joyce Kline, Michael Korican, Paul Ruta