In this fun episode, Joyce meets up with writing/directing team Sonya Chwyl and Anik Desmarais-Spencer. Their latest short horror comedy Slip poses a sadly relatable question for these inflationary times: “How far will you go to keep your shitty rental?”
Slip just won Audience Choice at this year’s Short Circuit Pacific Film Festival and you can watch it on the big screen for free in Regina, Ottawa and St. John’s as part of Short Circuit’s 2023 National Tour. Anik and Sonya’s last film Baby Teeth won Outstanding BC Film in Short Circuit’s 2020 festival and both films have screened in festivals US and Canada wide.
Listen up as this dynamic duo not only “dissects” the glory—and the gory—of using fake blood on screen, they also share:
· What they learned from previous films.
· Why, for them, co-directing is like "being in a solid, committed relationship.”
· What they did to get a corpse’s POV shot for Baby Teeth.
Referred to in this episode:
Slip trailer: https://vimeo.com/809648470
Watch Slip as part of Short Circuit’s 2023 National Tour:
Baby Teeth trailer: https://vimeo.com/387733966
Subscribe to catch the latest episodes of Push In on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2S5WB7q
Podcast Production Team:
· Technical Director: Paul Ruta
· Sound Editor: Michael Korican
· Host, Researcher & Copywriter: Joyce Kline
· Co-Producers: Joyce Kline, Michael Korican, Paul Ruta